The Disadvantages and Advantages of Credit Cards
Credit card debt has become a serious problem in America. These learning materials focus on teaching students valuable and practical knowledge about credit cards.
OBJECTIVES: Students will be able to:
· Define credit card and credit lines.
· Explain how a credit card is obtained.
· Identify why credit cards can be dangerous.
· Identify the common fees and costs of credit cards.
· Explain how you can avoid credit card debt.
· Identify some possible advantages of having a credit card.
· Analyze a credit card statement.
· Analyze a credit card disclosure form.
1) The Dangers of Credit Cards
2) What are Credit Cards and Their Disadvantages?
3) How to Avoid Credit Card Debt
4) The Advantages of a Credit Card
5) Worksheet, Analyzing Advantages vs Disadvantages of credit cards.
6) Worksheet, Comparing Different Credit Card Offers.
7) Worksheet, Analyzing Credit Card Disclosure form.
8) Worksheet, Analyzing Credit Card Statement.
9) Assessment; Multiple choice, true or false, fill-in.
An excellent lesson for students that support this material is
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated.
Michael K. Powell